Since 1969 TOMAR has proudly protected those who protect us through its innovative, reliable and durable illumination and preemption solutions through perfecting illumination and signaling.
Founded in Chicago and now headquartered in Gilbert, Arizona, TOMAR Electronics, Inc. is a pioneering family-owned and run business providing warning products in the industrial and emergency industry serving government, public and private communities at risk. Tomar is committed to protecting people, property, environment, and budget by enhancing each community’s Envelope of Safety.
From product development to delivery, TOMAR continues to increase value by improving manufacturing efficiencies, preserving the high quality and honoring the environment synonymous with the TOMAR name. The Tomar staff, partners and family are humbled to celebrate 50 years of life-saving technology and service.
Research and Development
The cornerstone of innovation.
The performance and reliability of TOMAR products evolves from over a half century of intensive research and development of high efficiency electronic circuit designs and innovative optics.
TOMAR’s staff of highly specialized engineers employ state-of-the-art electronic design and testing equipment to create the most advanced strobe warning lights available. TOMAR’s testing and research equipment includes:
- An advanced computerized circuit simulator that defines critical tolerance parameters and troubleshoots for potential design weaknesses.
- Surface Mount Technology Computer Automated (SMT) Component Pick and Place Assembly
- A 100 foot automated light measurement tunnel which uses photometers calibrated to display measurements in candelas effective in accordance with FAA, SAE, and IES standards. High speed photodiodes are used to measure and display light pulse wave shapes to insure accuracy in light intensity output specifications.
- A fully equipped and certified test lab, capable of making all tests and measurements required by SAE and AMECA/AAMVA.
- A fast scanning spectroradiometer for color measurements.
Striving to produce high quality products.
Rigorous quality control standards and detailed inspections are implemented at various stages in the production process. Fixture “burn-in” provides for an unprecedented 100% testing of all TOMAR products to ensure accurate and trouble free performance for the life of the strobe. Statistical Process Control is used to monitor production quality with detailed precision. TOMAR’s warranties are among the longest in the industry, made possible by the dedication to quality in both the design and manufacturing processes. A computerized system integrating order entry, inventory, and production control helps to facilitate rapid order fulfillment.