In 1928 Otto Piening, the founder of the company, opened an engine fitter's shop for motorbikes in Glueckstadt. There he repaired his first propeller for a fisherman and - he stuck to that. At first the propellers were cast in Neumuenster, machined in Elmshorn and primed in Glueckstadt. In 1930 a bigger workshop including a lathe work department was opened. In 1952 the firm could expand again and the first propellers were cast in our own foundry.