Kimek has a strategic location in Kirkenes on the doorstep to The Arctic region and Russia. We have a network of partners in Russia and one of the northernmost mechanical environments.
Our main activities:
- Repair work, maintenance and ship rebuilding
- Production of steel constructions
- Service within mining industry
- Electrical work within building, industry and ships.
- Service for oil and gas related vessels
Kimek was established in 1986 with the Russian fleet in the Barents Sea as a main market, service for the mining industry and the Norwegian-Russian trade cooperation. In 1991 Kværner took over the company and expanded the shipyard with the ship lift and the ship hall.
Through the next years it has been changes in ownership, first local owners and then Bergen Group took over 100% of the company.
Nowadays Kimek has local owners again that also owns an Offshore company (Kimek Offshore AS), engineer services and offices in Murmansk (Kimek Engineering). Kimek has about 74 employees and 13 apprentices at the moment.